Through three generations, Taylor Oil has been serving Eastern Shore residents in Wicomico, Somerset and Worcester counties, providing quality petroleum products and superior service.

Founded in 1927 by the Taylor family, Taylor Oil began operations in the office of J.W. Taylor Produce in the back room of an old potato house. Located off West Main Street at the Old Farmer's Auction Block, Taylor Oil's main products were coal oil for cookstoves, lanterns and farm gasolines.

As the business grew, Taylor Oil moved to West Isabella Street in order to better serve a growing list of customers in 1940. By that time Taylor Oil owned service stations in Crisfield, Princess Anne, Pocomoke, Delmar, Pittsville, Willards and Salisbury, as well as providing home heating for kerosene stoves. Later in the 1940s, fuel oil for central heating was added to the expanding list of products.

Always seeking the best product available, Taylor Oil began distributing Pure Oil products in 1927 and changed to Gulf Oil in the early 1980s. In 1985, with the merger of Gulf and Chevron Oil of California, Taylor Oil became the distributor for that company.

Our current association with the Chevron company steadies our position in the market and remains consistent with Taylor Oil's goal of quality and service.

In 1998, Taylor Oil acquired the business of E.T. Travis, Inc., a well respected heating and cooling contractor with a specialty in commercial refrigeration. Taylor Oil now provides complete heating and cooling services and installation for all types of HVACR equipment including oil, gas and electric heat pumps.

BOX 332 - Salisbury, MD 21801 - 941 W. Isabella Street - 410.749.2151